Salsa Chicken in the crockpot is a simple, hearty dish and perfect to serve for a crowd. You can easily modify the recipe to match your taste, adding more vegetables, hotter chiles, etc.
I’m trying to avoid simple carbs so I served over quinoa with sliced fresh tomatoes. It would be fun to serve the chicken in a buffet with a variety of serving options (outlined below) to allow the guest to make their own finished product.
SALSA CHICKEN IN THE CROCKPOT
2 pounds chicken breasts (if large, cut in half)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
7 oz. can diced green chiles
16 ounce jar of salsa
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Add corn, beans, chiles and salsa. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or 8 hours on low.
- About an hour before serving, shred the chicken in the crockpot and let simmer until ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, or salsa as you like.
- Serving options: Use as filling in burritos or tacos. Serve over quinoa, baked potato, rice or noodles.