Crock pot meals are the best…easy with so many options. I love the Salsa chicken recipe that daughter, Megan, shared with me a while ago. This recipe sounded very similar but with the addition of cream cheese. YUM!
I used almost 2 pounds of chicken strips vs. the 2 chicken breasts called for. It was delicious but in the future I would use about 1 pound of chicken for this recipe. Great over rice, in a burrito, over a baked potato…or invent your own combination!
CROCK POT CHICKEN CREAM CHEESE CHILE
2 chicken breasts, still frozen
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can corn kernels, do not drain
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can mild green chiles
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
1 T cumin
1 t chili powder
1 t onion powder
1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese
- Put the chicken in the crock pot.
- Top with the tomatoes, corn, the drained and rinsed beans, ranch dressing, cumin, onion and chile powders.
- Stir to combine, then top with the cream cheese.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring one or twice to blend in the cheese.
- Shred the chicken into large pieces and serve over rice. Can also serve in tortillas or taco shells.
2 thoughts on “Crock Pot Chicken Cream Cheese Chile”
I make a recipe like this but I never thought to add CREAM CHEESE into the mix. I can’t believe myself- I love anything with cream cheese. I would eat the stuff straight! Thanks for sharing.
Glad you like the idea of cream cheese! It really is a wonderful addition!