Great friend and neighbor, Maribeth, shared this recipe with me several months ago. She had shared with me that Chicken Yum Yum was a family favorite and I was excited to try it. For some reason, I envisioned a Chinese dish but this is true Americana comfort food. I have made it with cooked chicken breasts (a little drier) or with a whole roasted chicken. The roasted (or rotissiere chicken from the store) wins, hands down.
This would be a great recipe to assemble the night before (sans the stuffing), adding the stuffing and butter immediately before baking.
I paired the Chicken Yum Yum with roasted broccoli and it was…YUM YUM!
CHICKEN YUM YUM
1 cooked chicken
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 box stove top stuffing
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine/butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Place evenly in a 9×13″ greased pan.
- Mix together sour cream and cream of chicken soup and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle box of stuffing over soup/sour cream layer.
- Drizzle chicken broth over stuffing layer.
- Melt 1 stick margarine or butter and drizzle over the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes.